Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Song-ography - Shake It Off, Taylor Swift

http://youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.co.uk/
 
 
 
 
"Shake It Off, Taylor Swift"
 
 
 
 
 
"And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, baby.  I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake I shake it off."
 
 
I'm what might be what is considered odd.  I know, hard to believe, but work with me here. I do not always conform to society's norm and I like the things I'm 'not supposed to.'
 
This led to a lot of bullying when I was younger and sadly I let the bullying define me as a person.
 
As a mother I an determined that the same thing will not happen to my daughters.
 
So I am teaching not to let the opinions and hurtful words of others define who they are.  I am teaching them to shake it off."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Be true to yourself! Easy to say but hard to live by. Great image which goes so well with the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great thing to pass on. I think we all carry around the wounds of what others have said about us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, teaching your daughter about these things, and as a bonus she won't be bullying others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully, however this year we had a small issue with her being encouraged by another friend to exclude a classmate from their group. She was given a stern talking to and reminded that everyone deserves respect and you should always do your be3st to be polite and kind to others. I think/hope we nipped it in the bud.

      Delete
  4. Such a hard thing to learn, but it winds up making life so much less stressful. A wonderful lesson to teach your daughter. Thanks for linking up to Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here... I have worked very hard to give my kids 'power' in their differences so they can embrace being themselves

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...